Sunday, January 1, 2012

one of those new years posts...

Well hello blogging world, nice to see you again. I know, it's been a while. I've never been good at keeping a blog, but I'm seriously going to try and make this happen. Just a few things have happened since I last posted. I saw all of my family, I got a (real) job, I made some new friends, I visited Utah, I ate a lot of turkey and goodies, I'm still finishing those online classes... you know, minimal stuff. I'll highlight some the best parts for the sake of my sparse reading populace:
New job- I am currently a chiropractic assistant at Back in Motion Family Chiropractic in Hurst. It's pretty great, I'm definitely enjoying the perks of having money again. I miss school, but work is good.
Church- Most people are aware of this, but for those who aren't: I'm planning on serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My papers are almost done and I should have my call before February. More info to come one that later.
Friends- My ward is amazing here. So many new friends made, so many good memories. Love them all.
Family- My family is amazing. I saw everyone in July and loved every second. Marci and Christian came down in September. Maya is talking, Dean is walking. It's crazy how fast they grow. We eat so much good food at my house it's ridiculous.
Rugby- I miss it. A lot. A LOT. I try to get out and pass the ball around when I can, but it's not often. I miss my team. My teams. My rugby family.
Online classes- still happening. Sorry about that Mom.

So that's my last 6 months in a nutshell. Sorry it's so bare bones. I'm really going to try harder to be good at this. As a promise I leave this list of New Years Resolutions:

1) Write in my blog weekly (I know, this one's ambitious).
2) Write in my journal at least every other day (Also ambitious).
3) Find opportunities to serve weekly.
4) Grow spiritually by daily prayer and gospel study.
5) Go through the temple.
6) Serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I would say that's a pretty solid list. Here's to you 2012, I've got a good feeling about this year.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you're blogging! Miss you Kayla!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I do not have the best track record, but I'm trying to be better in the new year! Miss you too, hope life is going fantastic.

    ReplyDelete